Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Doug <do...@futurebars.com> on 2007/03/13 01:13:56 UTC

Sendmail alias for learning

How do I setup a spam email address via the aliases table for
spamassassin (spamc)?

Regards,
Doug

Re: Sendmail alias for learning

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@verizon.net>.
Doug wrote:
> How do I setup a spam email address via the aliases table for
> spamassassin (spamc)?

What do you intend to do with this? Forward mail to it?

If so, don't. Forwarded mail is not the same. The headers have been
discarded and replaced by a whole new set, the body text is reformatted
and re-encoded, and if it's multi-part/mime, odds are the original
text/plain was discarded and replaced with a text-strip of the
text/plain section.

>From the bayes perspective, it's a completely different message. The
only thing that's the same is the rendered body text.