Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Jiang Ruihai <jr...@hotmail.com> on 2002/12/31 10:08:27 UTC

How to specify the first layout template and screen template?

In my newapp, I found the first layout template is layouts/login.vm and the
first screen is screens/login.vm.
If I want to specify other layout and screen templates, how cound I do?

static HTML revisited ...

Posted by Eigen Technology Pty Ltd <mi...@eigentechnology.com>.
I am trying to display a couple of static HTMLs prior to entering the
Turbine facility.

I  have a line in my .vm file:

and tried to put the html file under someapp/ and someapp/WEB-INF no
success there. The location bar shows
http://localhost:8080/someapp/servlet/test.html However, if my line in .vm
file is:

then I can locate it under someapp/. But to save all the typing of the
superdir, I would appreciate if anyone could tell me where someapp/servlet
is.

I also tried creating someapp/servlet(s) and someapp/WEB-INF/servlet(s),
with no success.

thankx
michael

Re: setAction

Posted by Eigen Technology Pty Ltd <mi...@eigentechnology.com>.
well, I am more interested in why LoginUser.java is not present than the
missing of setPage.

thankx
michael

Re: Regular Expression ... revisited.

Posted by Eigen Technology Pty Ltd <mi...@eigentechnology.com>.
It was a bit long winded, sorry.

Actually both the to be matched and target are both varialbes. Prior to my
previous mail I tried

String V = "abc";
String W = "abc_somthing";
RE r2 = new RE(V);
boolean matched2 = r2.match("^"+W);

and it did not work (compiler did not complian, but the search result
incorrect) I wasn't sure it that is legal because it was not mentioned in
the apidoc. After Scott's mail, I tried the other way round,

String V = "abc";
String W = "abc_somthing";
RE r2 = new RE(V);
boolean matched2 = r2.match("^"+W);

and this time it worked. Thanks Scott and I will try to be concise next
time :-).

michael

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.

RE: setAction

Posted by Quinton McCombs <qm...@nequalsone.com>.
Hmmm...  org.apache.turbine.modules is hardcoded.  It will be added to
the search path anyway.  That is why it found the LoginUser action.  It
still executed the version in org.apache.turbine.modules.actions.

RE: setAction

Posted by Eigen Technology Pty Ltd <mi...@eigentechnology.com>.

Re: Group in Security

Posted by Eigen Technology Pty Ltd <mi...@eigentechnology.com>.
The solution found in this mail pretty much answers my question:

http://archives.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listId=101&msgNo=7794

cheers
michael

Group in Security

RE: setAction

Posted by Quinton McCombs <qm...@nequalsone.com>.

RE: setAction

Posted by Eigen Technology Pty Ltd <mi...@eigentechnology.com>.
Thanks Quinton,

Accessing user info

Posted by Frederic Le Gall <fl...@clustercomputing.com>.
Is there an easy way to access a user's info i.e. "view my acct details
link"? Or do I have to use the pull service and create a new tool?

RE: setAction

Posted by Quinton McCombs <qm...@nequalsone.com>.

setAction

RE: How to specify the first layout template and screen template?

Posted by Chris K Chew <ch...@fenetics.com>.
> From: Jiang Ruihai
> In my newapp, I found the first layout template is
> layouts/login.vm and the
> first screen is screens/login.vm.
> If I want to specify other layout and screen templates, how cound I do?

You want the "template.homepage" and "screen.homepage" properties in the
TurbineResources.properties file.  Search the list archives for information
about the differences between the two properties.

Good luck,

Chris