Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Feng Zhang <fz...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/21 19:46:03 UTC

"How-tos" page

Dear CXF team:

  Thanks for the quick fix on the how-tos page. I can now follow. However,
after going through "setting up your build", "writing your service",
"Declaring your server beans" and "Setting up the servlet", I think I should
have a webservice running to display the HelloWorld.wsdl. But it did not
happen.

   I have the WEB_INFO with the  classes folder(HelloWorld.class and
HelloWorldImpl.class) , lib folder, and the xml files (beans.xml and web.xml) .
Yet when I try to access "httP:localhost:8080/HelloWorld" I got the
following  {http://spring.demo/}HelloWorldImplPort<http://localhost:8080/HelloWorl/HelloWorld?wsdl>
instead of wsdl.

   Could you guide, pls?

Thanks in advance!
Feng

Re: "How-tos" page

Posted by Feng Zhang <fz...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Chris.
It did solve the problem. Great!!
One thing might help is that, directly type
http://localhost:8080/HelloWroldwould lead to result below, {
http://spring.demo/}HelloWorldImplPort with a hypelink to
http://localhost:8080/HelloWorl/HelloWorld?wsdl. For some reason, it points
to "HelloWorl" instead of "HelloWorld", the last character 'd' eaten by
whatever logic.
If that is fixed, it will help new users a lot.

Thanks
Feng

Re: "How-tos" page

Posted by Feng Zhang <fz...@gmail.com>.
I also added service.class in the WEB_INF classes folder, after reading more
around the site. Still no progress....

Feng

RE: "How-tos" page

Posted by Christopher Moesel <Ch...@avid.com>.