Posted to dev@lens.apache.org by Raju Bairishetti <ra...@apache.org> on 2015/11/20 14:21:08 UTC

[VOTE] Release of Apache Lens 2.4.0-beta RC1

Hi everyone,

I propose the following RC to be released as official Apache Lens
2.4.0-beta release.

The commit id is 03e1697535970b4deb75eed13a7a98b939c281d6
:http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/lens/commit/03e16975
This corresponds to the tag: apache-lens-2.4.0-beta
:https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=lens.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/apache-lens-2.4.0-beta
Release archives (tar.gz/.zip), signature, and checksums are
here:*https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lens/apache-lens-2.4.0-beta-rc1/
<https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lens/apache-lens-2.4.0-beta-rc1/>*

You can find the KEYS file
here:https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/lens/KEYS

The release candidate consists of the following source distribution
archive:apache-lens-2.4.0-beta-source-release.zip

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lens/apache-lens-2.4.0-beta-rc1/apache-lens-2.4.0-beta-source-release.zip

In addition, the following supplementary binary distributions are
provided for user convenience at the same
location:apache-lens-2.4.0-beta-bin.tar.gz

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lens/apache-lens-2.4.0-beta-rc1/apache-lens-2.4.0-beta-bin.tar.gz
The licensing of bundled bits in the archives are documented
athttps://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/LENS/Licensing+in+Apache+Lens

Nexus staging url:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachelens-1007/

Release notes available
athttps://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315923&version=12333087

Vote will be open for at least 72 hours

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] 0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

+1 from my side for the release.

For folks not familiar with vetting a release, please refer to

http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#check-list

Thanks
Raju Bairishetti
www.lazada.com

Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Lens 2.4.0-beta RC1

Posted by Raju Bairishetti <ra...@gmail.com>.
Gentle Reminder!!

Release VOTE will be closed at 7PM IST today. Please find some time for
verifying release candidate and put up your vote.

Posted by Rajat Khandelwal <ra...@gmail.com>.
+1

Build succeeded
MD5, SHA512 are okay
LICENCE and NOTICE are okay.

Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Lens 2.4.0-beta RC1

Posted by Raghavendra Singh <ra...@inmobi.com>.
+1

On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 7:49 PM, Arshad Matin <ar...@inmobi.com>
wrote:

> [...]
> > Ajay Yadava
> >

> > Cheers
> > Ajay Yadava
> >
> > On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 1:50 PM, Deepak Kumar Barr (Tech_BLR) <
> > deepak.barr@flipkart.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Looks good +1. Was able to build from source and run test cases.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Deepak Kumar Barr
> > > Bigfoot-Apps

> > > both

> > but
> Did

> project
> > > >

> /home/yash/Downloads/test/apache-lens-2.4.0-beta/lens-ui/node/node-v0.10.32-linux-x64/bin/node
> > > >

> /home/yash/Downloads/test/apache-lens-2.4.0-beta/lens-ui/node/node-v0.10.32-linux-x64/lib/node_modules/npm/bin/npm-cli.js

> > amareshwari@gmail.com

> stuck

> > > amareshwari@gmail.com>

> module.

> > > (attach-descriptor)

> > > Property
> is
> > > not

> is
> > > not

> raju@apache.org

> Lens

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=lens.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/apache-lens-2.4.0-beta
> > > > > >>

> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lens/apache-lens-2.4.0-beta-rc1/
> > > > >

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lens/apache-lens-2.4.0-beta-rc1/

> > distribution
> > > > > >>

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lens/apache-lens-2.4.0-beta-rc1/apache-lens-2.4.0-beta-source-release.zip

> are
> > > > > >>

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lens/apache-lens-2.4.0-beta-rc1/apache-lens-2.4.0-beta-bin.tar.gz
> > > > > >>
> cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/LENS/Licensing+in+Apache+Lens

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachelens-1007/

> issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315923&version=12333087

> > > http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#check-list

> > --
> > The information contained in this communication is intended solely for
> the
> > use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others
> > authorized to receive it. It may contain confidential or legally
> privileged
> > information. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby
> notified
> > that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in
> reliance
> > on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be
> > unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify
> > us immediately by responding to this email and then delete it from your
> > system. The firm is neither liable for the proper and complete
> transmission
> > of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in

receipt.

Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Lens 2.4.0-beta RC1

Posted by Arshad Matin <ar...@inmobi.com>.
+1

On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 7:23 PM, Ajay Yadav <aj...@inmobi.com> wrote:

> +1 (non-binding)
>
> Signature looks good.
> Validated Checksum.
> Built from source. All tests ran fine.
> LICENSE & NOTICE  look ok
>

> Cheers
> Ajay Yadava
>

> Cheers
> Ajay Yadava
>
> On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 1:50 PM, Deepak Kumar Barr (Tech_BLR) <
> deepak.barr@flipkart.com> wrote:
>
> > Looks good +1. Was able to build from source and run test cases.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Deepak Kumar Barr
> > Bigfoot-Apps
> >
> > On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 12:45 PM, Yash Sharma <ya...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > +1 Binding.
> > > Verified artifacts, Able to download, build and run sample queries on
> > both
> > > source and binary distributions.
> > >

> > > P.S. : I stumbled across this error while building source first time,
> but
> > > am not able to reproduce it. It might be and env issue with my box. Did
> > > anyone else face this ?
> > >
> > > [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
> > > io.wcm.maven.plugins:nodejs-maven-plugin:1.0.0:run (default) on project
> > > lens-ui: Result of /bin/sh -c cd
> > > /home/yash/Downloads/test/apache-lens-2.4.0-beta/lens-ui &&
> > >

> /home/yash/Downloads/test/apache-lens-2.4.0-beta/lens-ui/node/node-v0.10.32-linux-x64/bin/node
> > >

> /home/yash/Downloads/test/apache-lens-2.4.0-beta/lens-ui/node/node-v0.10.32-linux-x64/lib/node_modules/npm/bin/npm-cli.js
> > > install execution is: '47'. -> [Help 1]
> > >

> > > On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 11:31 AM, amareshwarisr . <
> amareshwari@gmail.com

> > amareshwari@gmail.com>

> > (attach-descriptor)
> > > @

> > Property
> > > '
> > not

> > not

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=lens.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/apache-lens-2.4.0-beta
> > > > >>

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lens/apache-lens-2.4.0-beta-rc1/
> > > >
> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lens/apache-lens-2.4.0-beta-rc1/

> distribution
> > > > >>

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lens/apache-lens-2.4.0-beta-rc1/apache-lens-2.4.0-beta-source-release.zip

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lens/apache-lens-2.4.0-beta-rc1/apache-lens-2.4.0-beta-bin.tar.gz

> > > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachelens-1007/

> issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315923&version=12333087

> > http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#check-list

> receipt.

receipt.

Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Lens 2.4.0-beta RC1

Posted by Ajay Yadav <aj...@inmobi.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

> [...]

> amareshwari@gmail.com>

> (attach-descriptor)
> > @

> Property
> > '
> not

> not

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=lens.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/apache-lens-2.4.0-beta
> > > >>
> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lens/apache-lens-2.4.0-beta-rc1/
> > >
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lens/apache-lens-2.4.0-beta-rc1/

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lens/apache-lens-2.4.0-beta-rc1/apache-lens-2.4.0-beta-source-release.zip

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lens/apache-lens-2.4.0-beta-rc1/apache-lens-2.4.0-beta-bin.tar.gz

> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachelens-1007/

> issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315923&version=12333087

receipt.

Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Lens 2.4.0-beta RC1

Posted by "Deepak Kumar Barr (Tech_BLR)" <de...@flipkart.com>.

Posted by Yash Sharma <ya...@gmail.com>.
+1 Binding.

Posted by "amareshwarisr ." <am...@gmail.com>.