Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2015/05/04 10:55:59 UTC

[PROPOSAL] Releases for this week

Hi all,

I would like to propose to you the following plan for the releases this
week:
- Tomorrow (Tuesday 05/05): Cellar 4.0.0.M1, Cellar 3.0.3, Cellar 2.3.6
    For Cellar, I have a couple of issues to address this afternoon and
tonight.
- Wednesday 05/06): Cave 4.0.0.M1
   I will update Cave master to run on K4 (as I did for Cellar).
   Guillaume did changes on Cave and I think we can release a first
4.0.0.M1 to give some visibility.
- Friday (05/08): Karaf 4.0.0
    I'm not sure if it makes sense to do a 4.0.0.M3. WDYT ?
    The Felix Framework is an important one but finally only when you
use Dynamic-ImportPackage. So, I think we can deal with that.
    The blocking issue that I will address tonight and tomorrow is the
local JMX security.
    I will also tackle some updates (I'm releasing a new set of SMX
bundles).
- Sunday (05/09): Decanter 1.0.0.M1
   I will update to Elasticsearch 1.5.2 and merge a first dashboard with
Kibana4. I think a M1 make sense to give visibility.
  I will update the website to give some place to decanter

WDYT ?

Regards
JB
--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [PROPOSAL] Releases for this week

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Yes, but quicker: Wednesday should work (as we need especially
ConfigAdmin update).

Regards
JB

Posted by Krzysztof Sobkowiak <kr...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Any plans for 2.4.2?

regards
Krzysztof

> Hey James,
>
> see my previous e-mail:
>

>> The plan is to submit Karaf 3.0.4 and 4.0.0.M3 to vote end of this week.

--
Krzysztof Sobkowiak

JEE & OSS Architect
Apache Software Foundation Member
Apache ServiceMix <http://servicemix.apache.org/> Committer & PMC chair
Senior Solution Architect @ Capgemini SSC <http://www.pl.capgemini-sdm.com/en/>

Re: [PROPOSAL] Releases for this week

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
Okay great! Sorry, I was reading on my phone and did not see the previous
message

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hey James,

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
No Karaf 3.0.4?

Posted by "Jamie G." <ja...@gmail.com>.
Sounds good :)

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Guillaume,

yes I have the test cases and we will discuss about it together.

I agree that we don't have to include all in M3, but at least the ones
that we can ;)

Regards
JB

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi guys,

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Alright: 4.0.0.M3 on Friday, Cave 4.0.0.M1 on Wednesday (I will merge
some stuff as well).

Regards
JB

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@apache.org>.

Posted by Morgan Hautman <mo...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
OK, let's go with M3.

Regards
JB

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
Hi JB,

I still have one thing on the plate for Pax Web, that I'll really want to
have included in the Release.
Therefore I'd like to see a M3 first :)

regards, Achim

--