Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "F. Da Costa Gomez" <dc...@fixed.com> on 2003/04/07 15:39:51 UTC

How to get hold of the Border from a page

Hi,

Situation:
Page X uses a @Border which contains an area for result reporting (just a
simple String).
There is no Visit object yet so that cannot be used.

Q: If I do something on X what would be the way to show the result in the
result area of the containing Border? Irrespective of the fact whether X is
replaced with another page (or not).

Thx 4 the help,

Fermin DCG

RE: How to get hold of the Border from a page

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@attbi.com>.
I'm doing something like this in the new Virtual Library.  The Border
component has an area that contains paging controls for the Browser.

In my case, I pass in the Browser instance as an optional parameter to the
Border.

You may want to look at the Block and RenderBlock components.  They are
basically ways of passing a chunk of a template to another component as a
parameter.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components