Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jerald Powel <ge...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2003/12/22 03:45:13 UTC

error tag

Hello,

     I am handling my errors and constructing an errors object thus:

                errors.add(ActionErrors.GLOBAL_ERROR, new ActionError("Initialisation error - userID not found"));
                saveErrors(request, errors);
                return mapping.findForward(FORWARD_error);

how from the JSP do I iterate over the errors object and retrieve the messages please? I have tried <html:errors/> but nothing was rendered to the screen?

thanks

---------------------------------

RE: [other] error tag

Posted by "Noel E. Lecaros" <no...@lecaros.net>.
Jerald,

The first parameter to ActionMessages.add() is a string interpreted to be
either ActionMessages.GLOBAL_MESSAGE or a name of one of your form fields.
If you had a field on your form that was named (i.e. property=...)
"username", then if you wished to add a message pertaining to this field,
then you would write: messages.add("username", errorMsg).  You're not
getting any messages displayed probably because you don't have a form field
with property="init_message."

Cheers,
Noel
Posted by Peter Sloots <pe...@xs4all.nl>.
Hi

with<bean:message key="card.title"/> you can read messages from your properties file

btw, If I get nothing back in JSP it's because I forget the taglibs...
<%@ taglib uri="/tags/struts-html" prefix="html" %>
<%@ taglib uri="/tags/struts-bean" prefix="bean" %>

RE: [other] error tag PS

RE: [other] error tag