Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/26 21:55:31 UTC

[VOTE] Apache SystemML 0.10.0-incubating (RC1)

Please vote to approve the release of the following candidate as Apache
SystemML version 0.10.0!

The PPMC vote thread:
https://www.mail-archive.com/dev@systemml.incubator.apache.org/msg00532.html

And the result:
https://www.mail-archive.com/dev@systemml.incubator.apache.org/msg00599.html

The tag to be voted on is v0.10.0-rc1
(ddf0e0941afe5d9c2cc7c574a6983aadd98c1fc3)

https://github.com/apache/incubator-systemml/tree/ddf0e0941afe5d9c2cc7c574a6983aadd98c1fc3

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachesystemml-1005

The distribution and rat report is also available at:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/systemml/0.10.0-incubating-rc1/

The vote is open for at least 72 hours and passes if a majority of at least
3 +1 PMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache SystemML 0.10.0

Luciano Resende
http://twitter.com/lresende1975
http://lresende.blogspot.com/

Re: [VOTE] Apache SystemML 0.10.0-incubating (RC1)

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
Just want to reiterate my +1,

And also mention that we got one of our mentors to vote on the dev list
thread
https://www.mail-archive.com/dev@systemml.incubator.apache.org/msg00617.html

Anyone else willing to help us get this release out.

Thanks

Posted by Deron Eriksson <de...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Justin and John for the clarification WRT the binaries in the
source release.

Deron

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks,

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Deron Eriksson <de...@gmail.com>.
Hi Justin,

Thank you for reviewing the SystemML release candidate. I agree about the
large number of artifacts at [1]. It would also help us in terms of project
maintenance to decrease the number of artifacts that we are generating.

We will update trunk to remove the specified files. Will we need to begin
voting again for another release candidate with these changes, or would it
suffice that the next release will have this fix?

Thank you,
Deron

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,