Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by adipro <ad...@zohocorp.com> on 2020/07/22 07:44:10 UTC

A question regarding cluster groups

Let us say I've two server nodes in one data center DC1 and two more server
nodes in another data center DC2. Two data centers have some network delay.

Now I'm using SQL select statements on caches which are replicated. Now
those caches' write synchronization mode is FULL_SYNC.

Now at a time we have working clients nodes only in one DC but not both.
Let's say we have two clients in DC1.

So total nodes in DC1 is 6 (2 client nodes and 2 server nodes in DC1 and 2
server nodes).

Our use case is such a way that..

1. 2 clients should query only 2 server nodes in DC1 and not the other 2
servers in DC2.
2. All the cache queries should be in FULL_SYNC with 2 server nodes in DC1
and DC1-DC2 should be done in ASYNC mode.
3. A doubt I got which is, if in client's node discoveryspi, if I (X,Y) ip
list as server nodes ips, would the queries always reach X,Y even though the
entire topology contains X,Y,Z as server nodes?

Please someone provide us the solution for this.

Re: A question regarding cluster groups

Posted by adipro <ad...@zohocorp.com>.
Can someone please reply to this thread. It's kind of urgency.

Re: A question regarding cluster groups

Posted by aealexsandrov <ae...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

1)No, at the moment there is no such implementation out of the box. You
should create your own implementation of data moving tool.

2)At the moment there is no such implementation too. However, I see that
there is the discussion about it on developer user list:

http://apache-ignite-developers.2346864.n4.nabble.com/DISCUSSION-Hot-cache-backup-td41034.html

BR,
Andrei

Re: A question regarding cluster groups

Posted by adipro <ad...@zohocorp.com>.
Thanks for the reply denis.

A few follow up questions.

1. Is there any way I can move the data from one cluster node to other
cluster node. Like exporting work folder or something like that
periodically.
2. Is there any snapshot of data concept that can be done periodically and
push it to somewhere?

Is there any way where we can achieve this without going for GridGain
Enterprise? We are checking all the possibilities here.