Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Andy Huhn <am...@hrtc.net> on 2008/04/06 04:27:44 UTC

[T5]: CSS question? But having to do with default.css (Tapestry CSS)

All,

I hope this isn't too off-topic, but I'm posting here since default.css
is generated by Tapestry, and I'm hoping that someone else on the list
has solved the same problem.

I have a BeanDisplayForm.  I have something like this in my CSS:

div.t-beandisplay-label{
    width: 80px;
}

(I don't want to give up too much horizontal space on the page for
labels).  The problem comes when one of my labels is too long for one
line, and it wraps...the labels get out of synch with the values.  The
label takes two lines, but the corresponding value only seems to take
one line.

Has anyone else faced this?  Any help?

I have tried using display: inline instead of display: block, I've tried
setting

div.t-beandisplay-value:after {
    clear:both;
}

I've tried pretty much everything I can think of.  Help?

Thanks very much,
Andy

Re: [T5]: CSS question? But having to do with default.css (Tapestry CSS)

Posted by Andy Huhn <am...@hrtc.net>.
I think I solved my own question.

For the sake of anyone else facing this same issue, I added this to my
stylesheet:

DIV.t-beandisplay DIV.t-beandisplay-value {
    display: block;
    float: left;
    clear: right;
}