Posted to user@poi.apache.org by la...@yahoo.com on 2006/10/31 20:00:06 UTC

setting page breaks with setRowBreak(row) still get other breaks too

Hi all,

I have an HSSF page break problem.  I need to insert
page breaks manually after certain rows.

I have a rather large spreadsheet. The code below
worked fine and fit to one page which was the original
request.  Then I was asked to page break at certain
rows in the spreadsheet so that it would be 3 pages
depending on data.

 HSSFPrintSetup ps = sheet.getPrintSetup();
sheet.setAutobreaks(true);
         ps.setFitHeight((short) 1);
	 ps.setFitWidth((short) 1);
	 ps.setHeaderMargin (.20);
         ps.setFooterMargin (.25);
         ps.setPaperSize((short) 5); // legal

I tried adding my own row breaks with this:
  sheet.setRowBreak(rownum);

but it ignored my breaks due to autobreaks. If I leave
the autobreaks line out, it has my manual breaks and
many more, making it 12 pages.

I thought I could find all breaks and manually remove
the automatic ones, but with

       breaks = sheet.getRowBreaks();
However, I only get my own breaks into the array.

I am new to this list, but I have googled and read the
page break questions on the list and still cannot
resolve.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Laurel