Posted to adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org by Günther, Thorsten <Th...@medocino.de> on 2006/09/08 22:10:46 UTC

First click on command fails if PPR occurred beforehand, more elaborated

Hi!

I put some more effort in the issue I described before in
"First click on commands fails if PPR occured beforehand" (8/14/06) and
"First click on commands fails if PPR occured beforehand, elaborated" (8/25/06)

The problem (first click on command fails to execute application code) occurs when the following conditions are met:
- Facelets is used
- PPR occurred
- commandButton sits in the footer facet of a panelFormLayout

I created two very simple micro webapps: One with Facelets to show the issue and one without Facelets to proof that the issue is not there without Facelets. They are created with jar's from a current build of the Trinidad sample application.
http://www.aposso.de/pprTest.zip (11 MB)
To reproduce:

(1)
- Deploy both webapps
- Open /pprTest/faces/test.xhtml
- Enter some text in the "Text" field
- Click "Submit" to watch your text appear in the bean and the submit-counter being increased. Ok.

(2)
- Open /pprTest/faces/test.xhtml again
- Alter the text in the input field
- Select an entry from the ListBox (trigger a PPR)
- Click "Submit": Page is reloaded, model is updated (the altered text), but the submit-counter has not been increased!
- Click "Submit" again: Now the action was executed.

- Repeat (2) and look at the HTML - Source before and after the first submit to watch the id of the CommandButton change.

- Try /pprTestNoFacelets/faces/test.jspx to verify that there is no problem without Facelets.

Question is whether this is a problem directly in Facelets or in Trinidad (somehow misbehaving and confusing facelets) or in both? Unfortunately I don't know the inner functionality of Facelets by now, so I can't tell a bit. Is this the right list to ask for help with this issue or should I present this to the Facelets-people?

Thanx very much for your ideas, pointers, whatever...

Regards,
Thorsten

Re: First click on command fails if PPR occurred beforehand, more elaborated

Posted by Robert Stokes <rs...@fs.fed.us>.
Thorsten,

I have seen this problem with adf faces and facelets, and if I remember it
was cause by duplicate ids begin created for the components. I think the
fix was to specify ids for all components.

Hope this helps,

Rob Stokes

Günther, Thorsten <Th...@medocino.de> wrote on 09/08/2006
04:10:46 PM: