Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org> on 2015/09/30 15:12:30 UTC

Podling Shark Tank at ApacheCON CORE on Thu 1sth of Oct @13:30

Hi!

if you plan to be at ApacheCON CORE
for the next two days, make sure to check
out this year's newest addition to our awesome
agenda: Podling Shark Tank
    http://s.apache.org/gWO

What is Podling Shark Tank I hear you asking?
It is as though Lightning Talks and US TV
show Shark Tank fell in love and had a beautiful
baby. It is a show filled with deep technical insight,
off the wall questions and it goes something like this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opNiKBP7hQo

Our exclusive cast of sharks is second to none:
   * Greg Chase (starring as Barbara Corcoran)
   * Andrew Bayer (starring as Daymond John)
and
   * Shane Curcuru (starring as Mark Cuban)

and the podling pitches will include:
   * Corinthia (presented by Roman Shaposhnik)
   * Tamaya (presented by Anatole Tresch)
   * Trafodion (presented by Rohit Jain)
   * Ranger (presented by Owen O'Malley)
   * Brooklyn  (presented by Richard Downer)

Join us to have some good time and win prizes.

And remember: last minute entries are super
welcome but may not end up on the show. Still
if you want to pitch -- ping me ASAP.

Thanks,
Roman.

P.S. If you're pitching -- make sure to watch the clip.
No, really -- go watch the clip. I'll wait...

Ok, that's how your presentation need to be structured.
Any other questions?

FW: Podling Shark Tank at ApacheCON CORE on Thu 1sth of Oct @13:30

Posted by Dave Birdsall <da...@esgyn.com>.
Hi Trafodion community,

If you're at ApacheCon, check out the Podling Shark Tank, where among other
podlings, you'll see Rohit Jain discussing Trafodion.

Dave

Re: Podling Shark Tank at ApacheCON CORE on Thu 1sth of Oct @13:30

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
For what it's worth (since we're in Europe and we believe in
recognizing the progeny of our IP), the US program "Shark Tank" is
derived from a British programme "Dragons' Den", which was derived
from a Japanese show "Money Tigers".

Julian