Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Giacomo Pati <pa...@yahoo.com> on 2000/07/11 10:35:56 UTC

Re: cvs commit: xml-cocoon/xdocs xsp-internals.xml

--- bloritsch@locus.apache.org wrote:
> bloritsch    00/07/10 20:10:12
>   Log:
>   Cocoon uses the AvalonAware.jar file to provide all the required interfaces
>   that Avalon provides.  These comprise everything that used to belong
>   to org.apache.arch.* and org.apache.cocoon.Parameters.  The only
>   remaining thing is the org.apache.arch.config.SitemapConfigurationBuilder.java
>   file.  For some reason that is the only class that does not compile.

Maybe it was a bad decision to put the SitemapConfigurationBuilder there. I had the need of a
class which can build Configurations programmaticaly (see the generated sitemap code) and has
access to protected methods like addConfiguration in ConfigurationImpl.java.

Ok, maybe it is better to move SitemapConfigurationBuilder into the org.apache.cocoon.sitemap
package and make a separate SitemapConfigurationImpl class that extend the ConfigurationImpl,
right?

Giacomo

=====

http://mail.yahoo.com/

Re: cvs commit: xml-cocoon/xdocs xsp-internals.xml

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Giacomo Pati wrote:

> --- bloritsch@locus.apache.org wrote:
> > bloritsch    00/07/10 20:10:12
> >   Log:
> >   Cocoon uses the AvalonAware.jar file to provide all the required interfaces
> >   that Avalon provides.  These comprise everything that used to belong
> >   to org.apache.arch.* and org.apache.cocoon.Parameters.  The only
> >   remaining thing is the org.apache.arch.config.SitemapConfigurationBuilder.java
> >   file.  For some reason that is the only class that does not compile.
>
> Maybe it was a bad decision to put the SitemapConfigurationBuilder there. I had the need of a
> class which can build Configurations programmaticaly (see the generated sitemap code) and has
> access to protected methods like addConfiguration in ConfigurationImpl.java.
>
> Ok, maybe it is better to move SitemapConfigurationBuilder into the org.apache.cocoon.sitemap
> package and make a separate SitemapConfigurationImpl class that extend the ConfigurationImpl,
> right?

+1

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.