Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Yu Liu <yu...@streamnative.io> on 2020/01/21 17:00:00 UTC

[Pulsar Community Weekly Update] 2020-01-11 ~ 2020-01-17

Dear Pulsar enthusiast,

This is the Pulsar community weekly update for 2020-01-11 ~ 2020-01-17,
with updates on 2.5.0 release and new proposals about refreshing
authentication credentials and message acknowledgment with batches.

This Pulsar community weekly update is also available at
https://streamnative.io/weekly/2020/2020-01/2020-01-17-pulsar-weekly/.

*All Pulsar community weekly updates are available at
**https://streamnative.io/weekly/
<https://streamnative.io/weekly/>.*

================
Development
================

- [Release] Pulsar 2.5.0 is released!

    http://pulsar.apache.org/release-notes/#250-mdash-2019-12-06-a-id250a

- [Release] Sijie Guo raised a discussion to introduce release labels for
managing minor releases. The vote is in progress.

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/ra057f9bb3385f62a9216a202260805074c3f1af77c144907fa1b50cd%40%3Cdev.pulsar.apache.org%3E

- [Release] The community is discussing a 2.4.3 bug fix release.

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/rff2325c7f73dd73624595087ab3b2928b456f1faa14294c98d38759c%40%3Cdev.pulsar.apache.org%3E

- [BookKeeper] BookKeeper community is discussing abstracting bookie
network address from ledger metadata.

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r415c1ed3881714568e88b559fa09fe3816dc5891ca0b73278045cd83%40%3Cdev.pulsar.apache.org%3E

- [CI] GitHub action based CI has matured quite a bit. The community is
voting for migrating CI from Jenkins to GitHub actions.

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r1e85dca5bb502e113da1a51a3c9308d73dcb50a88fca5cf3684e109b%40%3Cdev.pulsar.apache.org%3E

- [PIP-54] Acknowledgement for local index of batch message

https://github.com/apache/pulsar/wiki/PIP-54:-Acknowledgement-for-local-index-of-batch-message

- [PIP-55] Refresh authentication credentials

https://github.com/apache/pulsar/wiki/PIP-55%3A-Refresh-Authentication-Credentials

    https://github.com/apache/pulsar/pull/6077

================
Notable Bug Fix
================

- [Client][Java] Fix zero queue consumer message redelivery.

    https://github.com/apache/pulsar/pull/6076

- [Client][Java] Fix message redelivery for zero queue consumer while using
async API to receive messages.

    https://github.com/apache/pulsar/pull/6090

================
Event / News
================

- A Pulsar meetup was held on Jan 15 in Toronto. Cory Darby gave a talk
about "RIP Apache Kafka, long live Apache Pulsar" and Tamer A shared about
"Pulsar in Action, getting your hands dirty with Pulsar".

    https://www.meetup.com/Tech-At-Scale-Toronto-Meetup/events/267651296/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=jLruEmh3ve0&feature=emb_logo

================
Blog / Article
================

- Pulsar-express, a web interface for Apache Pulsar (by Bruno Bonnin)

https://dev.to/bbonnin/pulsar-express-a-web-interface-for-apache-pulsar-1lm

*If we miss anything, welcome to reply to this thread, thank you.*

Cheers,

Sijie Guo, Yu Liu (@Anonymitaet)

Re: [Pulsar Community Weekly Update] 2020-01-11 ~ 2020-01-17

Posted by Chris Bartholomew <ch...@kafkaesque.io>.
Hi,

It looks like you missed this blog/article from the past week:

- Introducing Pulsar Beam: HTTP for Apache Pulsar

https://kafkaesque.io/introducing-pulsar-beam-http-for-apache-pulsar/

Cheers,
Chris

--