Posted to dev@openwhisk.apache.org by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com> on 2019/04/12 03:20:18 UTC

Adding Runtime Rust to OpenWhisk

Thanks +1 Michele and Roberto for your contributions for the Rust Runtime
[1]

I just finished a PR that Michele started that enabled Travis CI [2]

Now what's left if the integration to the deployment repos, tools, and docs

I created an issue [3] with instructions and locations what needs to be
updated to add the alias runtime "rust:1.32"

I added the labels "good first issue" and "help wanted"

If anyone wants to help out go ahead

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-runtime-rust
[2] https://travis-ci.org/apache/incubator-openwhisk-runtime-rust
[3] https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk/issues/4443

--
Carlos Santana
IBM STSM/Apache OpenWhisk PPMC

Re: Adding Runtime Rust to OpenWhisk

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.
Forgot to mentioned in the mean time you can use the build or use the
container image for Rust on IBM Cloud, shameless plug

$ ibmcloud fn action update rust-demo func.rust --docker
openwhisk/actionloop-rust-v1.34 --web true
$ ibmcloud fn action get rust-demo --url
https://us-south.functions.cloud.ibm.com/api/v1/web/r
<namespace>/default/rust-demo

$ curl 'https://us-south.functions.cloud.ibm.com/api/v1/web/r
<namespace>/default/rust-demo?name=Carlos'
Hello, Carlos

$ hey 'https://us-south.functions.cloud.ibm.com/api/v1/web/
<namespace>/default/rust-demo?name=Carlos'

  Total: 0.5985 secs
  Slowest: 0.3139 secs
  Fastest: 0.0492 secs
  Average: 0.1166 secs