Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Jason Pavao <ja...@oracle.com> on 2012/11/15 01:46:10 UTC

installing cloudstack 3.0.3 head on the same server running kvm

Hey folks,
I am running into some issues and wanted to check with you to see if
this is a supported installation and if this error is easily remedied.
Basically, I have a dmz network without internet access, I have followed
the instructions to install cloud stack with local rhel repo, etc.
Everything works well, up until-
[root@bpocloud ~]#
cloud-setup-agent                                            Welcome to
Cloud Agent Setup:
Please input the Management Server Name/IP:[localhost]
Please input the Zone Id:[default]
Please input the Pod Id:[default]
Please input the Cluster Id:[]
Please choose which network used to create VM:[eth0]
Starting to configure your system:
Configure Cgroup ...          [Failed]
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/bin/cloud-setup-agent", line 112, in <module>
     syscfg.config()
   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/cloudutils/syscfg.py", line
76, in config
     raise CloudInternalException()
TypeError: __init__() takes exactly 2 arguments (1 given)

Any ideas on how to fix this? Let me know, I've been hitting my head
against the wall for several days trying to get this to work.

--
Thanks.
-Jason

Re: installing cloudstack 3.0.3 head on the same server running kvm

Posted by Bryan Whitehead <dr...@megahappy.net>.
add this to /etc/cgconfig.conf:

group virt {
    cpu {
        cpu.shares = 9216;
        }
}

Then restart cgconfig and libvirtd services.

Posted by Jason Pavao <ja...@oracle.com>.
No it's on Rhel 6.2

Posted by Edison Su <Ed...@citrix.com>.