Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by minglei yin <ax...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/23 17:29:04 UTC

Details About Webapp Log in Tomcat

Hi all,

Recently, I want to implement a log functionality which is very similar to
log mechanism in Tomcat. So I am here to ask some helps.

I just want to know, how Tomcat implements that different web applications
can have different logging configurations and you do not need to worry
about them interfering with each other. As I found some info by google
before, Tomcat uses its own custom ClassLoaderLogManager which is
classloader-aware. And I know this. But through my own experiment that I
changed the ClassLoaderLogManager.java and replaced the tomcat-juli.jar, I
found that when I called logger.info(""), it seemed that the introduced log
interface in my web-app did not have a interaction with
ClassLoaderLogManager. So I really just do not know how Tomcat gets this
done.

Really thank you guys for any suggestions and advice.

Best regards!
Minglei Yin