Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org> on 2010/02/23 09:02:15 UTC

[VOTE] Release Commons Daemon 1.0.2 based on RC2

Daemon RC2 fixes some minor distribution issues over the
previous RC1 proposal.

RC2 Release is here:
http://people.apache.org/~mturk/daemon/
Tag is here:
https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/daemon/tags/COMMONS_DAEMON_1_0_2_RC2/

If voted for a release the COMMONS_DAEMON_1_0_2_RC2 tag will
be copied to COMMONS_DAEMON_1_0_2 and released as such.

---------------
[ ] +1  I support this release
[ ] +0
[ ] -0
[ ] -1  I oppose this release because...
----------------

Vote will close from 24 to 72 hours depending on the number
of votes collected.

Regards
--
^TM

Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Daemon 1.0.2 based on RC2

Posted by Bill Barker <bi...@verizon.net>.

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.
On 02/24/2010 02:44 AM, sebb wrote:

> Are you sure they are all machine-generated?
> What application generates them?
>
> Note that I've not included the .rc files which have the heading:
> //Microsoft Developer Studio generated resource script

httpd: Makefile.win, httpd.spec, Makefile.in ...
tomcat: Some mod_jk Makefiles, native .rc files ...
apr: Makefile.win, NWGNUmakefile, build/*.py
Probably around 1000000 files more in the ASF SVN.

All those files are hand crafted, and have no ASL header.
So what? Who cares?

I just think you've missed the point.

Regards

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 24/02/2010, Bill Barker <bi...@verizon.net> wrote:

>  --------------------------------------------------

OK, thanks for the information. That's very useful to know.
Might be useful to add it to the README file at some point.

I raised the issue because the RAT report showed that several files
did not have headers.
It was not obvious to me at the time that these were generated files.

I withdraw my objection to the missing AL headers; as you say, it
would not be appropriate to add them to the exported files.

Posted by Bill Barker <bi...@verizon.net>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bill Barker <bi...@verizon.net>.

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 23/02/2010, Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org> wrote:
> Daemon RC2 fixes some minor distribution issues over the
>  previous RC1 proposal.
>
>  RC2 Release is here:
>  http://people.apache.org/~mturk/daemon/
>  Tag is here:
> https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/daemon/tags/COMMONS_DAEMON_1_0_2_RC2/

-1 because:

There are still some files without AL headers:

src/native/nt/Makefile
src/native/nt/moni/Makefile
src/native/nt/procrun/apps/prunmgr/prunmgr.amd64
src/native/nt/procrun/apps/prunmgr/prunmgr.ia64
src/native/nt/procrun/apps/prunmgr/prunmgr.x86
src/native/nt/procrun/apps/prunsrv/prunsrv.amd64
src/native/nt/procrun/apps/prunsrv/prunsrv.ia64
src/native/nt/procrun/apps/prunsrv/prunsrv.x86
src/native/nt/procrun/libprocrun.amd64
src/native/nt/procrun/libprocrun.ia64
src/native/nt/procrun/libprocrun.x86
src/native/nt/service/Makefile

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.
Mladen Turk wrote:
> Daemon RC2 fixes some minor distribution issues over the
> previous RC1 proposal.
>
> RC2 Release is here:
> http://people.apache.org/~mturk/daemon/
> Tag is here:
> https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/daemon/tags/COMMONS_DAEMON_1_0_2_RC2/
>

> If voted for a release the COMMONS_DAEMON_1_0_2_RC2 tag will
> be copied to COMMONS_DAEMON_1_0_2 and released as such.
>
> ---------------
> [ ] +1  I support this release
> [ ] +0
> [ ] -0
> [ ] -1  I oppose this release because...
> ----------------
>
> Vote will close from 24 to 72 hours depending on the number
> of votes collected.
>
> Regards

+1

Phil

Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Daemon 1.0.2 based on RC2

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.
+1

Niall

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 24/02/2010 10:00, Bill Barker wrote:
> yes, but as I've stated before, my vote doesn't count (only PMC member's
> votes count, and I'm only a commiter to commons). It still needs at
> least one more binding +1 to pass.

Sorry - I did see that note on your vote and promptly forgot it.

Mark

Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Daemon 1.0.2 based on RC2

Posted by Bill Barker <bi...@verizon.net>.

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.
On 02/24/2010 10:42 AM, Henri Yandell wrote:

>> Fair enough. That is what http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html
>> says, though I don't recall this list not working to consensus for a
>> release.
>
> I just meant that it's not been the style afaik up to now. No
> implication either way - we'll adapt.

I agree that release vote is not an popularity content.
However, any PMC must comply to the ASF bylaws, and it happens
that for a good reason release voting has been made as such.

Anyhow, I will give 72 hours for that vote
that will end on Friday 8:00 GMT, calc votes and act accordingly
unless Sebastian withdraws his -1, since AFAICT we
have a general consensus on that and enough votes.

Regards

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 1:39 AM, Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 1:30 AM, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

*sigh*... late. That sounds petulant :)

I just meant that it's not been the style afaik up to now. No
implication either way - we'll adapt.

Hen

Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Daemon 1.0.2 based on RC2

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.