Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by "Reddy annapureddy, Vijayas (V.)" <vr...@ford.com> on 2022/09/12 18:58:37 UTC

Rest connector

Hi Team,

We are planning to use Apache beam for a new microservice project which is in the discovery phase.  Apache beam pipeline will read data from GCS and send data to other microservice via REST API.

Wanted to check if there is any connector already in place for this use case.

Thanks,
Vijay

Re: Rest connector

Posted by John Casey via dev <de...@beam.apache.org>.
We don't have a generic REST API IO at the moment.

There has been some discussion, but as far as I know there haven't been any
IOs developed.

A factor here is that most http based services aren't strictly REST, which
makes the development of an easy to use, but sufficiently generic, IO
challenging.

Re: Rest connector

Posted by Ahmet Altay via dev <de...@beam.apache.org>.
/cc @John Casey <jo...@google.com>