Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Andrew Goodnough <An...@wicourts.gov> on 2006/04/26 14:37:38 UTC

Trying to see the history on a deleted directory

I don't understand why I can't list or checkout a deleted directory from
a previous revision.  The first command shows it's there but subsequent
commands can't find the path.  How do I see the history on the CC_nohist
directory when I deleted it?  Are the results from these commands what
is expected?

agoodno@linux:~/test> svn list -r 32459 http://subversion/svn/ccap
ALL/
BBE/
CC/
CC_nohist/
FRMWRK/
SCCA/
TEST/
TOOLS/
WCCA/

agoodno@linux:~/test> svn list -r 32459
http://subversion/svn/ccap/CC_nohist
svn: REPORT request failed on '/svn/ccap/!svn/bc/46665/CC_nohist'
svn: '/svn/ccap/!svn/bc/46665/CC_nohist' path not found

agoodno@linux:~/test> svn co -r 32459
http://subversion/svn/ccap/CC_nohist
svn: REPORT request failed on '/svn/ccap/!svn/bc/46665/CC_nohist'
svn: '/svn/ccap/!svn/bc/46665/CC_nohist' path not found

Andy

Re: Trying to see the history on a deleted directory

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Apr 26, 2006, at 16:37, Andrew Goodnough wrote:

> I don't understand why I can't list or checkout a deleted directory
> from
> a previous revision.  The first command shows it's there but
> subsequent
> commands can't find the path.  How do I see the history on the
> CC_nohist
> directory when I deleted it?  Are the results from these commands what
> is expected?

I recommend you read about the difference between "peg" and
"operative" revisions:

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.advanced.pegrevs.html