Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Grant M <cl...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/18 01:19:33 UTC

Schema Validation Using Xerces 2.7.0+

Hi,

I recently found a problem with schema validation in Xerces 2.7.0 all the
way up the current trunk.  The problem is only evident when there are schema
IDs present in the schema document AND the document to be validated against
the schema.  I have created a JIRA issue in the xerces2-j project so please
refer to it for more information (and the patch):

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/XERCESJ-1212

Currently the default xercesImpl version that is distributed with ServiceMix
is 2.6.2 so the base distribution is not affected.  However, if you are
using JBoss 4.0.04.GA and above then the version will be at least 2.7.1.  If
you need the patched version check out the appropriate xerces version from
svn (http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xerces/java) and apply the patch from
XERCESJ-1212.

Regards,

Grant McDonald