Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Markus Angst <ma...@inventec.ch> on 2007/04/23 21:25:17 UTC

Cocoon SVN problem

Hello,

There is a problem in the Cocoon SVN repository that probably only affects
Windows users. There are four files in /src/blocks/template/resources/META-INF/:

LICENSE.txt, NOTICE.txt, license.txt and notice.txt.

As case doesn't matter for Windows, this creates problems on checking out and
updating Lenya. It seems to be possible to work around it temporarily by
updating three times, but this is annoying and should be corrected imho.

Thanks!
Markus Angst

PS: I will not be reading the Cocoon mailing list. If you have questions please
send a cc to the Lenya mailing list. Thanks!

update -r HEAD C:/lenya/lenya-1.4-dev
      Updating external location at: C:/lenya/lenya-1.4-dev/externals/cocoon_2_1_x
      Command completed abnormally.
      svn: Error aborting report
svn: Cannot read from to
'C:\lenya\lenya-1.4-dev\externals\cocoon_2_1_x\src\blocks\template\resources\META-INF\.svn\text-base\LICENSE.txt.svn-base':

path refers to directory or read access is denied
      Updating external location at:
C:/lenya/lenya-1.4-dev/src/modules/bxe/resources/bxe
      At revision 1659.
      Updating external location at:
C:/lenya/lenya-1.4-dev/src/modules/kupu/resources/kupu
      At revision 42274.
      At revision 531560.

update -r HEAD C:/lenya/lenya-1.4-dev
      Updating external location at: C:/lenya/lenya-1.4-dev/externals/cocoon_2_1_x
      Restored
C:/lenya/lenya-1.4-dev/externals/cocoon_2_1_x/src/blocks/template/resources/META-INF/notice.txt
      Command completed abnormally.
      svn: Error aborting report
svn: Cannot read from to
'C:\lenya\lenya-1.4-dev\externals\cocoon_2_1_x\src\blocks\template\resources\META-INF\.svn\text-base\NOTICE.txt.svn-base':

path refers to directory or read access is denied
      Updating external location at:
C:/lenya/lenya-1.4-dev/src/modules/bxe/resources/bxe
      At revision 1659.
      Updating external location at:
C:/lenya/lenya-1.4-dev/src/modules/kupu/resources/kupu
      At revision 42274.
      At revision 531560.

update -r HEAD C:/lenya/lenya-1.4-dev
      Updating external location at: C:/lenya/lenya-1.4-dev/externals/cocoon_2_1_x
      Updating external location at:
C:/lenya/lenya-1.4-dev/externals/cocoon_2_1_x/externals/cocoon_2_1_x/src/blocks/jcr/java
      At revision 531560.
      Updating external location at:
C:/lenya/lenya-1.4-dev/externals/cocoon_2_1_x/externals/cocoon_2_1_x/src/blocks/jcr/resources
      At revision 531560.
      Updating external location at:
C:/lenya/lenya-1.4-dev/externals/cocoon_2_1_x/externals/cocoon_2_1_x/src/blocks/jcr/samples
      At revision 531560.
      Updating external location at:
C:/lenya/lenya-1.4-dev/externals/cocoon_2_1_x/externals/cocoon_2_1_x/src/blocks/jcr/test
      At revision 531560.
      Updating external location at:
C:/lenya/lenya-1.4-dev/externals/cocoon_2_1_x/externals/cocoon_2_1_x/src/blocks/jcr/test-resources
      At revision 531560.
      At revision 531560.

Re: Cocoon SVN problem

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Markus Angst schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> There is a problem in the Cocoon SVN repository that probably only
> affects Windows users. There are four files in
> /src/blocks/template/resources/META-INF/:
>
> LICENSE.txt, NOTICE.txt, license.txt and notice.txt.

My svn complains about this too:

A    resources
A    resources/META-INF
A    resources/META-INF/NOTICE.txt
A    resources/META-INF/notice.txt
A    resources/META-INF/LICENSE.txt
A    resources/META-INF/cocoon
A    resources/META-INF/cocoon/avalon
A    resources/META-INF/cocoon/avalon/cocoon-template-expression.xconf
A    resources/META-INF/cocoon/avalon/cocoon-template-sitemap.xconf
A    resources/META-INF/cocoon/avalon/cocoon-template.xconf
A    resources/META-INF/license.txt
subversion/libsvn_wc/log.c:338: (apr_err=155009)
svn: In directory 'resources/META-INF'
subversion/libsvn_subr/io.c:565: (apr_err=2)
svn: Can't copy
'resources/META-INF/.svn/tmp/text-base/notice.txt.svn-base' to
'resources/META-INF/notice.txt.tmp': No such file or directory

-- Andreas

Re: Cocoon SVN problem

Posted by Markus Angst <ma...@inventec.ch>.
Hi,

>> Sorry for any inconveniences. And sorry, Markus, for insisting on a
>> problem to be fixed on your side.

No problem. Thanks for taking care of it.

> Done.
> I guess it was Subclipse issue. It can behave like an evil!

Thanks!
Markus Angst

Re: Cocoon SVN problem

Posted by Markus Angst <ma...@inventec.ch>.
Hi,

Re: Cocoon SVN problem

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gk...@apache.org>.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski

Re: Cocoon SVN problem

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gk...@apache.org>.

Re: Cocoon SVN problem

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gk...@apache.org>.

Re: Cocoon SVN problem

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gk...@apache.org>.
Joerg Heinicke pisze:
> Thanks, Grek!

No problem.

> Knowing that such commands existed in CVS (command prefixed with 'r') I
> had a look for them in SVN as well, but didn't find them. But as I see
> now svn delete takes a URL as parameter and so works remotely, doesn't it?

Yes, it does. Some other commands (like copy) can also work on urls.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski

Re: Cocoon SVN problem

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
Thanks, Grek!

On 24.04.2007 21:53, Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:

> One more thing: I've deleted files remotely (without having checkout).
> If you get into trouble like this you should always be able to perform
> remote operations as they are OS-independent (on the client side).

Knowing that such commands existed in CVS (command prefixed with 'r') I
had a look for them in SVN as well, but didn't find them. But as I see
now svn delete takes a URL as parameter and so works remotely, doesn't it?

Joerg

Re: Cocoon SVN problem

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gk...@apache.org>.

Re: Cocoon SVN problem

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.

Re: Cocoon SVN problem

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.

Re: Cocoon SVN problem

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.

Re: Cocoon SVN problem

Posted by Josias Thöny <jo...@wyona.com>.
Joerg Heinicke wrote:
> Hello Markus,
>
> the issue itself (change file name to lower case for license.txt and
> notice.txt) has been fixed in SVN. Unfortunately, this leads to the
> behaviour you observed, there is no way to influence the order of SVN
> actions (first delete old version, later check out new version). There
> is no other way than deleting the template block before updating or
> doing the update multiple times as it seems to have worked for you.

I'm using windows for testing and I'm having the same problem. However,
I cannot fix it. Neither deleting the directory nor multiple updates
seem to work. I'm using subversion command line client 1.4.3.

 From your mails it seems you wanted to rename the files from upper to

Re: Cocoon SVN problem

Posted by Josias Thöny <jo...@wyona.com>.
Joerg Heinicke wrote:
> Hello Markus,
>
> the issue itself (change file name to lower case for license.txt and
> notice.txt) has been fixed in SVN. Unfortunately, this leads to the
> behaviour you observed, there is no way to influence the order of SVN
> actions (first delete old version, later check out new version). There
> is no other way than deleting the template block before updating or
> doing the update multiple times as it seems to have worked for you.

I'm using windows for testing and I'm having the same problem. However,
I cannot fix it. Neither deleting the directory nor multiple updates
seem to work. I'm using subversion command line client 1.4.3.

 From your mails it seems you wanted to rename the files from upper to

Re: Cocoon SVN problem

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
Hello Markus,