Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jamie Johnson <je...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/23 17:30:38 UTC

Custom StoredFieldVisitor in Solr

I thought I had asked this previously, but I can't find reference to it
now.  I am interested in using a custom StoredFieldVisitor in Solr and
after spelunking through the code for a little it seems that there is no
easy extension point that supports me doing so.  I am currently on Solr 4.x
(moving forward is a long term option, but can't be done in the short
term).  The only option I see at this point is creating a forking Solr and
changing the way SolrIndexSearcher currently works to provide another
option to enable my custom StoredFieldVisitor.  While I'd prefer not to do
so, if it is my only option I am ok with it.

Are there any suggestions for how to go about supporting this besides the
above?

Jamie

Re: Custom StoredFieldVisitor in Solr

Posted by Jamie Johnson <je...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rick.  The use case is we use payloads to determine if a particular user
can or can't see a field, as of right now we have the query piece working
so that fields the user can't see don't contribute to the score but we
wanted to use a custom stored field visitor as well so that we can remove
fields that particular user shouldn't be able to see.

Posted by Rick Leir <rl...@leirtech.com>.