Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Simon Helsen <sh...@ca.ibm.com> on 2011/10/19 21:18:42 UTC

queryExecution.abort() and TxTDB transactions

Hi guys,

is the interaction between queryExecution.abort() and TxTDB transactions
tested? When I use it, it seems that the store corrupts again. Note that
when the QueryCancellationException is thrown, I actively abort the
DatasetGraphTxn object, but I am seeing

14:59:20,580 [477961341@qtp-1709008349-8]  WARN
hpl.jena.sparql.engine.iterator.QueryIteratorCheck  - Open iterator:
QueryIterFilterExpr/37159

and then shortly after:

15:00:34,691 [jazz.jfs.indexer.jfs_tests_default_consumer_name.triple]
ERROR com.ibm.team.jfs                                    - Originating
Exception:
com.hp.hpl.jena.tdb.base.file.FileException:
ObjectFile.read(8072)[12980][12980]: Impossibly large object : 1936010863
bytes
        at com.hp.hpl.jena.tdb.base.objectfile.ObjectFileStorage.read(
ObjectFileStorage.java:294)
        at
com.hp.hpl.jena.tdb.base.objectfile.ObjectFileStorage$ObjectIterator.next(
ObjectFileStorage.java:409)

etc.

Note that I call queryExecution.abort() in a separate thread and I wonder
if it runs in trouble if the main thread (executing the query) is just
calling queryExecution.close()

Simon