Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Philippe Mouawad <p....@ubik-ingenierie.com> on 2017/11/24 19:15:09 UTC

Improve build stability

Hello,
Today checkstyle which controls tabs and other things that can make build
fail is ran after tests.

Wouldn’t we gain some cpu, time and avoid useless power consumption if we
added this check before even compiling classes  ?

I also have the feeling the jenkins nodes are not very stable:
- localhost not configured
- disk space issues

Any ideas to improve ?

Regards

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

UBIK LOAD PACK Web Site <http://www.ubikloadpack.com/>

UBIK LOAD PACK on TWITTER <https://twitter.com/ubikloadpack>

Re: Improve build stability

Posted by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de>.

Am 24. November 2017 20:15:09 MEZ schrieb Philippe Mouawad <p....@ubik-ingenierie.com>:
>Hello,
>Today checkstyle which controls tabs and other things that can make
>build
>fail is ran after tests.
>
>Wouldn’t we gain some cpu, time and avoid useless power consumption if
>we
>added this check before even compiling classes  ?

+1

>I also have the feeling the jenkins nodes are not very stable:
>- localhost not configured
>- disk space issues
>
>Any ideas to improve ?

Not really.

Felix

Re: Improve build stability

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 24 November 2017 at 19:15, Philippe Mouawad
> Hello,
> Today checkstyle which controls tabs and other things that can make build
> fail is ran after tests.
>
> Wouldn’t we gain some cpu, time and avoid useless power consumption if we
> added this check before even compiling classes  ?

Disagree; if the build is failed just for tabs than you may fix a tab
issue only to find that there is a compilation issue or a unit test
failure.

Maybe it's possible to configure the tabs as a warning rather than a
failure (in which case it does not matter when they are checked)

> I also have the feeling the jenkins nodes are not very stable:
> - localhost not configured
> - disk space issues
>
> Any ideas to improve ?

Report the problems to the build list.