Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by H N <hv...@yahoo.com> on 2005/01/17 19:32:46 UTC

Audit logging in Log4J in J2EE application/synchronization

Hi,

 I am planning to use Log4J in my J2EE application to log all messages. There are 2 things which I wanted to clarify. If some one can give feedback then it will be really helpful to me.

   Audit Logging: Whenever some user login/logout, I want to capture the details of login in log file and I don�t want this to be turned OFF. I also want to log other stuff like debug, error etc. How can I achieve such audit logging?
   Synchronization issue: I have seen some feedback which says that log4J is not a good solution for J2EE due to synchronization issues. (http://www.theserverside.com/discussions/thread.tss?thread_id=25163) If there are multiple users and all are using the application at the same time then how will Log4J handle the update of the log file? If it is updating for one user then the file will be locked so how will the log of other user be done?

If someone can give feedback then I will highly appreciate.

Thanks and Regards,

HVN