Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Rangarajan Venkatesan <co...@gmail.com> on 2005/06/15 23:53:37 UTC

Using JMeter for Performance Testing Web Services built using J2EE architecture

Gentlemen,
                  My team is planning to adopt JMeter for performance
testing (and possibility regression testing) of a farm of Web Services
built using J2EE architecture. Here is some details on the deployment,

1. Deployed as JSE (Servlet Endpoint)
2. Document/Literal as the message mode for communication and
Request-Response message exchange pattern.
3. Soap Attachments will be used for input and output
4. Services will be deployed on Tomcat and Web Sphere 6.0
5. The client is going to be Java stand alone application.

My questions are

1. How adaptive is JMeter to test the Web Services deployed in the
environment mentioned above? Has anyone done this before? If so can
you provide the details
2. I find that Web Service Request Sampler not fitting my needs since
it doesn't support attachments. Am I correct in making this
assumption.
3. If I do decide to use Web Service Request Sampler by extending it.
Any suggestions on how to do this would be helpful.
4. It seems that Java Sampler, i.e extension of it catering to the
project needs, is the best way to go. What are your thoughts on this.

We have a very competent development team that has won may open source
project challenges. We have decided to develop a framework for testing
our applications. JMeter seems to be a good starting point. We would
love contribute to the os community. Any guidance would be helpful.

Thanks

Ranga

Re: Using JMeter for Performance Testing Web Services built using J2EE architecture

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
you could extend the webservice sampler.

Apache soap takes attachments, so it's a matter of updating the GUI
and sampler class.

peter lin