Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk> on 2003/03/13 13:24:36 UTC

SQL error, moving from JVM 1.3.1 to 1.4.1

Hi All

I have SQL Queries that worked with a (month old) CVS, but are failing
with the latest CVS (and a move from JVM 1.3.1 to 1.4.1).

I am getting the following error from the SQL Transformer:

<error>Syntax error or access violation: You have an error in your SQL
syntax near
'SELECTr.nameAS'resource',r.date,r.idAS'resourceid',r.title,'Image'AS'ty
pe',r.des' at line 1</error>

It looks as if all [space] characters have been stripped from the Query
(!?!). And what's more, the Query has been truncated.

Any ideas anyone?

thanks

regards Jeremy

Re: SQL error, moving from JVM 1.3.1 to 1.4.1

Posted by Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk>.
On Thursday, March 13, 2003, at 12:24 PM, Jeremy Quinn wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I have SQL Queries that worked with a (month old) CVS, but are failing
> with the latest CVS (and a move from JVM 1.3.1 to 1.4.1).
>
> I am getting the following error from the SQL Transformer:

it is worse than my original post made out:

<rowset
	xmlns="http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/2.0"
	xmlns:sql="http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/2.0"
	xmlns="http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/2.0"
	xmlns:sql="http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/2.0"
	xmlns="http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/2.0"
	xmlns:sql="http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/2.0"
	xmlns="http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/2.0">
	<error>
		Syntax error or access violation,  message from server:
		"You have an error in your SQL syntax near
'SELECTr.nameAS'resource',r.date,r.idAS'resourceid',r.title,'Image'AS'ty
pe',r.des' at line 1"
	</error>
</rowset>

TRIPLE namespace declarations (????)

I have updated my driver to the latest stable 'MySQL-Connector-Java',
modified the driver class to be 'com.mysql.jdbc.Driver'.

The problem of munging my query continues.

Help!!!

regards Jeremy