Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by billf5293 <bf...@hmstn.com> on 2008/01/25 21:43:14 UTC

Object serialization and the JMeter proxy

I have been assigned the task of load testing our entire suite of
applications.  We use html, jsp, and applets.  Our applet communication is
done mainly via URLConnections.  We serialize a lot of objects using
ObjectOutputStreams.

What would be my best approach to setting up the test?

I really would like to use the JMeter proxy and am able to 'see' the
serialized object in the post portion of the analysis but the object is not
making it to the server.

If I cannot use the proxy is my best bet to output the objects to files to
send.  If so can I somehow automate this (we have a very large and complex
applications and hand coding all the requests would be a nightmare).

Thanks in advance!

Re: Object serialization and the JMeter proxy

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 29/01/2008, billf5293 <bf...@hmstn.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the reply.
>
> I am in the process of setting up the tests (have not actually run any
> tests).
>
> The proxy records the request from my applet and I can 'see' the serialized
> object in the post portion of the request but the proxy is not passing the
> object to the server correctly causing an error.  In other words, the
> application will not run correctly through the proxy.

OK, I see. That's unfortunate.

I don't suppose that there is a publicly accessible URL that could be
used to debug this?

Posted by billf5293 <bf...@hmstn.com>.
Thanks for the reply.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.