Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/05 10:48:47 UTC

IvyDE

Hi,

Since I often see people asking for it, I just wanted to let you know that
I've done a build of IvyDE, which I've put to:
http://xoocode.org/downloads/tools/ivyde/plugins/

Put both plugins (Ivy itself is an OSGi bundle, and so an eclipse plugin) in
your eclipse plugins directory and you should have the latest trunk version
of IvyDE. Please note that this is NOT an official build, and not endorsed
by the ASF. This is just a personal build I make available for your
convenience.

HTH,

Xavier
http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/

Re: IvyDE

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 5:45 PM, Clements Mark <cl...@ofac.ch> wrote:

> [...]

Oops, sorry, try the new one (1.3.0.20080307182500), should be better.

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/

Re: IvyDE

Posted by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@anyware-tech.com>.
Le mardi 11 mars 2008, Clements Mark a écrit :
> [...]

Yes of course.

--
Nicolas LALEVÉE
ANYWARE TECHNOLOGIES

RE: IvyDE

Posted by Clements Mark <cl...@OFAC.CH>.

Thanks - Mark

Re: IvyDE

Posted by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@anyware-tech.com>.
Le mardi 11 mars 2008, Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de a écrit :

> > > Fine for me.
>
> fine
>
> > We will see if IvyDE has a such success ;)
>
> doubts? ;)

he :)
I have no doubt about the usefullness of this plugin !
The plugin weight about 1Mb. Considering that I have available about 3Gb of
bandwidth, will more than 3000 people download it within the month ? :p

Nicolas

AW: IvyDE

Posted by Ja...@rzf.fin-nrw.de.
> >> better fit on the links page: http://ant.apache.org/ivy/links.html.
> > Fine for me.

fine

> We will see if IvyDE has a such success ;)

doubts? ;)

Jan

RE: IvyDE

Posted by "Bagwell, Allen F" <af...@sandia.gov>.

Posted by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@anyware-tech.com>.

RE: IvyDE

Posted by "Bagwell, Allen F" <af...@sandia.gov>.

Le 10 mars 08 à 21:08, Xavier Hanin a écrit :

> On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 8:53 PM, Nicolas Lalevée
> <ni...@anyware-tech.com> wrote:
>>
>> Le 10 mars 08 à 19:38, Xavier Hanin a écrit :

>>> Since this is unofficial / unsupported builds, I don't know if
>>> adding
>>> a link on download.cgi is recommended / allowed. Maybe one could
>>> blog
>>> about this with a link to the update site, then we could easily
>>> add a
>>> link to the blog post on the link page.
>>>
>>> WDYT?
>>
>> I would say that these are just links. I think the only restriction
>> is
>> that they have to not be hosted by apache. Although download.cgi
>> might
>> be confusing about that status.
>> And further more the update site I created is on a server which has a
>> bandwidth limit, so it could be down on the end of each month. And
>> people will expect links on download.cgi to work. I think that it
>> will
>> better fit on the links page: http://ant.apache.org/ivy/links.html.
> Fine for me. BTW, if you have any problem of bandwidth, I can give you
> an account on xoocode.org to put the update site over there. It's as
> you like.

Ok thanks.
We will see if IvyDE has a such success ;)

Nicolas

----------

I tried to use the update site (hibnet.org) mentioned above. When Eclipse determined the existence of the update it stopped short saying the package required the "org.apache.xerces" plugin in order to install.

Eclipseplugincentral.com says nothing matched when I searched for "xerces" on their site.

Any suggestions?

Allen

Re: IvyDE

Posted by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@anyware-tech.com>.
Le 10 mars 08 à 21:08, Xavier Hanin a écrit :

> On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 8:53 PM, Nicolas Lalevée
> <ni...@anyware-tech.com> wrote:
>>
>> Le 10 mars 08 à 19:38, Xavier Hanin a écrit :

>>> Since this is unofficial / unsupported builds, I don't know if
>>> adding
>>> a link on download.cgi is recommended / allowed. Maybe one could
>>> blog
>>> about this with a link to the update site, then we could easily
>>> add a
>>> link to the blog post on the link page.
>>>
>>> WDYT?
>>
>> I would say that these are just links. I think the only restriction
>> is
>> that they have to not be hosted by apache. Although download.cgi
>> might
>> be confusing about that status.
>> And further more the update site I created is on a server which has a
>> bandwidth limit, so it could be down on the end of each month. And
>> people will expect links on download.cgi to work. I think that it
>> will
>> better fit on the links page: http://ant.apache.org/ivy/links.html.
> Fine for me. BTW, if you have any problem of bandwidth, I can give you
> an account on xoocode.org to put the update site over there. It's as
> you like.

Ok thanks.

>>> http://ant.apache.org/ivy/

Re: IvyDE

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/

Re: IvyDE

Posted by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@anyware-tech.com>.

Re: IvyDE

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
>  > > >>>>>>> http://xoocode.org/downloads/tools/ivyde/plugins/
>  > >
>  >

> http://xoocode.org/downloads/tools/ivyde/plugins/org.apache.ivyde.eclips
>  e_1.3.0.20080307162500.jar
>  > > >   still contains Java 6 classfiles. Regards - Mark
>  > >
>  > > I have build one here:
>  > > http://www.hibnet.org/ivyde/updatesite/plugins/
>  > >
>  >
>  >

> > And you've made a real update site, so installing from your
>  > site is as easy
>  > as adding a new remote update site in eclipse. Great!
>

>  Do you want to add a pointer on the homepage, like
>  http://ant.apache.org/ivy/download.cgi ?
Since this is unofficial / unsupported builds, I don't know if adding
a link on download.cgi is recommended / allowed. Maybe one could blog
about this with a link to the update site, then we could easily add a
link to the blog post on the link page.

WDYT?

Xavier

>  Jan

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/

AW: IvyDE

Posted by Ja...@rzf.fin-nrw.de.

Re: IvyDE

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/

RE: IvyDE

Posted by "Bagwell, Allen F" <af...@sandia.gov>.
I find myself running into a similar problem. When I configure to include libraries in IvyDE 2.0 my ivy.xml shows up in the build path as ivy.xml[*] but it doesn't actually resolve anything. In fact I usually get an error message saying it can't resolve.

This is the same ivy file I've been using that IvyDE 1.2.0 has no problem with:

<ivy-module version="1.3">

    <info organisation="bagwell" module="Lynxer" />

    <!-- These are the ways this module can be used or constructed. -->
    <configurations defaultconfmapping="main">
                <conf name="main" description="the compiled artifact" />
                <conf name="test" visibility="private" extends="main" />
    </configurations>

    <!-- The artifacts that are produced by this module -->
    <publications>
        <artifact name="lynxer" type="jar" ext="jar" conf="*" />
    </publications>
    <dependencies>
        <dependency org="junit.org" name="junit" rev="4+" />
        <dependency org="apache" name="commons-cli" rev="1+" />
        <dependency org="apache" name="log4j" rev="1.2+" />
    </dependencies>

</ivy-module>

Any suggestions?

-Allen

Posted by Marcus Better <ma...@better.se>.
Hi,

I found the error, I was using the "provided" configuration of the log4j
dependency. IvyDE resolves it just fine after I changed to "master"
instead. Sorry for the noise.

Marcus

Re: IvyDE

Posted by Marcus Better <ma...@better.se>.
Hi,

Re: IvyDE

Posted by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@anyware-tech.com>.
Le lundi 10 mars 2008, Clements Mark a écrit :
> [...]

Ok, I have missed a configuration in Eclipse.

I have rebuild them. I let the default configuration when targetting for 1.4:
the generated .class are 1.2.

Nicolas

RE: IvyDE

Posted by Clements Mark <cl...@OFAC.CH>.

Anyway - thanks to both Nicolas and Xavier for providing these builds.

Regards  - Mark

Re: IvyDE

Posted by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@anyware-tech.com>.

RE: IvyDE

Posted by Clements Mark <cl...@OFAC.CH>.

Re: IvyDE

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/

Re: IvyDE

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/

RE: IvyDE

Posted by Clements Mark <cl...@OFAC.CH>.

Re: IvyDE

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 9:35 AM, Nicolas Lalevée <
nicolas.lalevee@anyware-tech.com> wrote:

> Le mercredi 5 mars 2008, Xavier Hanin a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > Since I often see people asking for it, I just wanted to let you know
> that
> > I've done a build of IvyDE, which I've put to:
> > http://xoocode.org/downloads/tools/ivyde/plugins/
> >
> > Put both plugins (Ivy itself is an OSGi bundle, and so an eclipse
> plugin)
> > in your eclipse plugins directory and you should have the latest trunk
> > version of IvyDE. Please note that this is NOT an official build, and
> not
> > endorsed by the ASF. This is just a personal build I make available for
> > your convenience.
>
> Does it include IVYDE-70 patch ?

No, it doesn't. It's a build from trunk. I haven't applied your patch, I was
hoping you could do it yourself :-) Shouldn't be too long til you get your
commit rights (well, I hope so).

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/