Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by scott carter <sc...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/03 07:22:37 UTC

Getting file source in commit hook

Hello -

I have a task that I am hoping is somewhat common but not quite sure how to
accomplish it.  I need to get the content of to-be-committed files in a
pre-commit hook.  The reason for this if because we use the Jalopy code
formatter, and I have been tasked with checking that to-be-commits conform
to our coding standards.  This is very easy to do in Jalopy, but I need to
get the content of the to-be-committed files in the pre-commit hook to run
the script.  How can I do this on the server side?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Getting file source in commit hook

Posted by prakash tiwary <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
  I think, You can achieve it by using *svnlook cat -t* txn REPOS_PATH
PATH_IN_REPOS  in precommit hook.
# txn is transaction name
# REPOS_PATH : repository path
# PATH_IN_REPOS : path of file.