Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Patrice Le Cozler <pl...@dexem.com> on 2002/03/26 10:10:21 UTC

deployment and database creation

I've created successfully my app with tdk and I must deploy it on the
production site under Tomcat 4.0.3.
How can I generate the database tables ( it seems that all the necessary
.sql files exist but how do I use them without Ant ? ) ?

Re: deployment and database creation

Posted by Ian Tomkins <it...@keyfort.co.uk>.

Ian Tomkins wrote:

> This will depend on the database you are using.
>
> For mysql you can feed the sql directly to mysql using a command of
> the form

> The tdk also produces shell scripts (or batch files on windows) that
> do this for you in the same directory as the sql. For this to work you
> have to have run the init target first so ant creates these files.

Oops, the scripts only drop/create the database, you will have to do the
rest manually.

Posted by Ian Tomkins <it...@keyfort.co.uk>.

Posted by Slava Zimine <sl...@japgod.mine.nu>.
if a database creation tables reside in   database.sql

without ant the direct way  to pass  sql to the mysql is:

from a command line/cmd you can do

unix:$MYSQL_HOME/bin/mysql -uroot -p < database.sql
win:%MYSQL_HOME\bin\mysql -uroot -p < database.sql

p.s.

this assumes you've set up your password with the mysql root  account.

  ( %MYSQL_HOME\bin\mysqladmin -uroot password your_root_pass_string )

read docs  in  %MYSQL_HOME\docs  ,  www.mysql.com , buy a good book on
mysql.

slava