Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Brian Cochran <co...@gmail.com> on 2005/02/02 20:15:13 UTC

Re: New Reactor Tag

I'm glad someone else has run upon the issue. The creators of the
DependencyResolver certainly thought of the idea that you may wish to
resolve dependencies starting at a specific project. But the
functionality isn't exposed in the reactor tag (at least I don't see
how it is). I have written something that is a reactor like tag that
exposes this functionality.

Here is a brief overview.

The ReactorTag currently uses the following to build the project order.

DependencyResolver dr = new DependencyResolver();
dr.setProjects(projects);

dr.getSortedDependencies(false);

Looking at the DependencyResolverInterface, implementing classes
support the idea of specifying the project that should be the head of
the graph (exactly what we need to accomplish this functionality).

All we should need to do is to change the above line to

Project currentProject = ((MavenJellyContext)getContext()).getProject();

dr.getSortedDependencies(currentProject, false);

We have done something like this and it has worked successfully.
Tell me what you think.

Thanks,
Brian

Re: New Reactor Tag

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
I have responded to this on the maven developers list.

- Brett