Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jarecsni János <ja...@chello.hu> on 2002/02/02 11:43:05 UTC

testing virtual hosts

Hi,

I would like to test vhosts in my development environment. So eg. I'd like
to set up 127.0.0.10 for playing as Host1 and 127.0.0.20 to be Host2. I
tried

<VirtualHost 127.0.0.1>
    ServerAdmin jarecsni.janos@chello.hu
    ServerName scorpio
    ServerPath /test0
    DocumentRoot /test0
    ErrorLog logs/test0-error_log
    CustomLog logs/test0-access_log common
</VirtualHost>

but it didn't work. I tried a few other ways then I gave up :) Is it
possible to set up such a test environment?

Thanks in advance!

János

RE: testing virtual hosts

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.

You aren't being very descriptive about exactly what you tried and exactly
what the results were.

Why don't you use name-vhosts rather than IP?  The configuration would look
like the example here:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/vhosts/name-based.html
Then you just add the appropriate names mapped to the IP address in
/etc/hosts.

Joshua.