Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Günter Paul <gp...@guenterpaul.de> on 2023/06/21 11:41:24 UTC

SPF record: not found for host

Hi,

I'm using the spf-mailet now and test it. I found this warning in the log file:
"No SPF record found for host: googlemail.com"

So I checked "googlemail.com" by mxtoolbox.com
DNS-Record: v=spf1 redirect=_spf.google.com

The Tool found not any problems. Somebody know about such problems or a solution?

Best wishes

Günter

Re: SPF record: not found for host

Posted by Günter Paul <gp...@guenterpaul.de>.
Hi,

> And yes, by other domains all works fine.

sorry, after wrote, the next problem with "myfritz.net":

DNS: v=spf1 ip4:212.42.244.0/24 ip6:2001:bf0:244::/48  -all

I think it's a james-problem.

The problems is with incoming mails, I recieve the mails an can read it without problems.

Posted by Günter Paul <gp...@guenterpaul.de>.
Hi David,

That's ironic: because of a hint from my provider to set up SPF to be on the safe side (because of Google!), I dealt with the topic.

And now, of all people, should Google not be configured properly? It would be possible.

The warning isn't really a problem, I can receive and send emails from Google. But I have to evaluateare this warnings.

Posted by Günter Paul <gp...@guenterpaul.de>.
Hi David,

Posted by David Matthews <ma...@dmatthews.org.INVALID>.
hi Gunter

>And yes, by other domains all works fine.

Google sucks :-)

--
David Matthews
mail@dmatthews.org