Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ratnakar Palle <rp...@cisco.com> on 2001/08/04 03:26:15 UTC

FW: IIS+Tomcat Q

I've a very basic question about IIS+Tomcat integration.
I've to validate the user against the NT domain.

When the request comes in, IIS validates the user against NT and forwards
the request to Tomcat. After user gets validated, how does the Tomcat keep
the user in session??
I mean, how does the Tomcat make use of Servlet container session mechanism.

Hope I was clear on my question..

Any help or pointers would be of great help...

Thanks in advance,
-Ratnakar

RE: IIS+Tomcat Port issue

Posted by Jeff Rancier <je...@softechnics.com>.
That's in your server.xml file.

Posted by "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@betaversion.org>.
Guys, when posting to this mailing list, can you please _ALWAYS_ specify
what version of Tomcat you're using (3.x 4.0)? Some of the developers (read:
me) are involved only with one particular version, and when seeing something
like "I installed Tomcat and..." I seriously don't know whether I know that
or not...

Personally I'm doing 4.0, and know nothing about 3.x, so, please, if you
want an answer, just include always the version number (it might be worth
also putting in the subject of your emails, something like "[TC3] balblabla"
or "[TC4] this is my subject")..

Thanks..

    Pier

RE: IIS+Tomcat Port issue

Posted by Jeff Rancier <je...@softechnics.com>.
Do you mean on port 8080?
Jeff

IIS+Tomcat Port issue

RE: FW: IIS+Tomcat Q

Posted by Ratnakar Palle <rp...@cisco.com>.
Thanks Bojan for your response... I think it answers my question..
I'll try to integrate IIS+Tomcat and see if it works..

Thanks,
-Ratnakar

Maybe you can use getRemoteUser, isUserInRole, getUserPrincipal etc.
from HttpServletRequest interface to find out who's logged on?

Once the user is authenticated, you'll always get its info from the
above and Tomcat will make sure that this guy is part of the correct
session. Does that answer your question?

Bojan

Re: FW: IIS+Tomcat Q

Posted by Bojan Smojver <bo...@binarix.com>.