Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Espen Erikstad <es...@rubberduckmedialab.com> on 2006/01/31 23:42:36 UTC

Dynamic generation of tables

Is it possible to dynamically generate new tables with Torque? I want to
create tables on the fly code-wise.

Thanks,

Espen Erikstad

Antwort: Dynamic generation of tables

Posted by Thomas Fischer <fi...@seitenbau.net>.
It is not possible to generate tables using only the Torque runtime. You
always need the generator for that. That said, of course you can use the
generator in your "runtime" program, if it does what you want.

Do you just wnat to create the "on the fly" tables or do you also want to
access them using new om classes ? If the second is the case, you would
need to generate the classes using the generator and compile them in your
main program (no idea how this can be done). Probably you would also need
some cleanup mechanisms for that. Although this is possible, I would guess
that there are better tools for this than Torque. You could e.g. look at
the ddlutils project (db.apache.org/ddlutils)

    Thomas

"Espen Erikstad" <es...@rubberduckmedialab.com> schrieb am
31.01.2006 23:42:36: