Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Richard Chamberlain <ri...@caplin.com> on 2008/04/25 13:03:51 UTC

perforce numbered unique snapshots

Hi all,

I think it'd be useful to have perforce changelist numbered snapshots.
Has anyone done this? I think the steps needed to do this are:

1)      Make a perforce numbered jar for artefactA (maybe using ant)

2)      Attach the artefact as the main jar for artefactA

3)      Tell the repository that i'm using a unique snapshot for
artefactA

4)      Work out how i refer to unique snapshots within projectB's
dependencies

However i'm not sure how to proceed after step 1.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks

Richard

RE: perforce numbered unique snapshots

Posted by "Bracewell, Robert" <rb...@qualcomm.com>.
Use a Maven property which is set to the CL number and feed it into the
build. This way you can use the property to change the name of your jar
as indicated below

Also if you are using a tool such as Hudson for the continuous
integration aspect then this produces a report of which CLs triggered a
build. We use Hudson with the P4 plugin and works reasonably well.