Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ju...@atosodsorigin.com on 2002/11/21 20:07:28 UTC

Problem with LookupDispatchAction and pressing ENTER in a text

Pressing  'Enter' inside a text form, the form is submited,
and the 'method' parameter  that is the name of all my submit buttons,
takes no value,  and  so the LookupDispatchAction fails

Any solution?

Thanks.

Example

RE: Problem with LookupDispatchAction and pressing ENTER in a text

Posted by Andrew B Forman <an...@wcom.com>.
sounds like you only have one input of type text on your form.
believe it or not, this is actually a feature =)
http://ppewww.ph.gla.ac.uk/%7Eflavell/www/formquestion.html

what you'll want to do is either inhibit the enter press
or put a hidden inside the form that duplicates the
default "method".  another option is to put an additional
text entry field on the form, then the insta-submit feature
won't fire.