Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Toni Charlot <to...@fdplus.com> on 2002/11/08 20:07:00 UTC

Java WebStart as a Strut front end

I'm writing an application where I need to access local resources like a camera and scanner devices.  I was looking into using a Java WebStart to write the program and interact with the struts controller on the server.  Has anyone used Java WebStart as a view for struts?  Is that an entirely crazy concept?  Are there any alternatives out there?

Thank you for all your input.

Re: Java WebStart as a Strut front end

Posted by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net>.
I recall seeing a paper about using Struts as the controller in a MVC
Swing app.  I can't seem to find it where I thought it was though.  Try
hitting Google for "Struts as Swing controller" - or something like that.

--
Eddie Bush

Re: Java WebStart as a Strut front end

Posted by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net>.