Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by mallet <ry...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/26 22:05:07 UTC

[SOLVED] TreeTable header div automatically resizes its width infinitely large

Before I finished posting this question I figured out the solution to my
problem, but because it was tricky to figure out I thought I would post this
anyway in case somebody else runs into the same issue.

I created an editable treetable using the example at
http://www.wicket-library.com/wicket-examples/ajax/ as a guide.  The
treetable displays fine, but there is a weird problem: several times a
second the "header" div increments its width by a few pixels, causing the
entire treetable to grow wider.  Within a couple seconds the treetable
causes a horizontal scroll bar to appear and if I leave my computer on the
screen for a few minutes it is soon many thousands of pixels across and
growing.

I thought I must have made some mistake so I went and copied the example
code from the example verbatim into my project and yet I have the same
problem.  I am using Wicket 1.4 RC2.

SOLUTION:

Turns out the way my page's CSS was set up was causing the problem.  I have
a #content wrapper div around all my pages.  I had a "width: 100%;"
attribute on this div.  By simply removing this attribute from the wrapper
div, the treetable quit resizing wider.  I'm guessing either this attribute
was inherited and the div thought it should be able to resize to 100% of
100%, with no fixed max pixel width, or something similar.