Posted to dev@mynewt.apache.org by Daan Pape <da...@dptechnics.com> on 2020/11/13 15:49:05 UTC

nRF52832 3-wire HCI UART (H:5)

Hello,

We have some hardware which has a linux host and an nRF52832 Bluetooth IC. Unfortunately only RX, TX and GND
is connected but no hardware flow control lines. We are therefore required to use the 3-wire UART HCI protocol, also
known as H:5. Zephyr does not yet support this, I was hoping that NimBLE does.

I have compiled NimBLE and set flow control off my overriding the following cofiguration variable:

BLE_HCI_UART_FLOW_CTRL: 'HAL_UART_FLOW_CTL_NONE'

I'm not convinced that this is enough to switch to the 3-wire UART protocol. Could anyone give me some pointers?

Kind regards,
Daan Pape