Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Tad Whitenight <ta...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/10 18:20:54 UTC

Re: Performance and default parameters of 4.2 vs 4.3

Oleg,

Much thanks. I was able to track this down to HTTP entity decompression,
which is default behavior using the HttpClientBuilder API.
Thus anyone consuming compressed entities verbatim (e.g. for storage or
retransmission) should investigate the disableContentCompression option
when upgrading.

Thanks,
Tad

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 2014-04-10 at 12:20 -0400, Tad Whitenight wrote:
> Oleg,
>
> Much thanks. I was able to track this down to HTTP entity decompression,
> which is default behavior using the HttpClientBuilder API.
> Thus anyone consuming compressed entities verbatim (e.g. for storage or
> retransmission) should investigate the disableContentCompression option
> when upgrading.
>
> Thanks,
> Tad

Tad,

This sounds like a known issue [1] fixed in 4.3.3. Are you using the
latest stable HC release?

Oleg

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HTTPCLIENT-1461