Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Barbara Post <ba...@ifrance.com> on 2002/10/07 09:50:13 UTC

Hi,  I use Tomcat 4.1.12, JDK 1.3.1, Windows NT4 SP6.
My webapp uses a Windows custom dll which is called by a java class (native
method).
It worked with Tomcat 4.0.5 with modification of setclasspath.bat to
include this dll in Tomcat's classpath and path, however it doesn't work
anymore
with Tomcat 4.1.12 : I have a blank string returned by this call.

I cannot put this dll in Windows' classpath/path because of a version
conflict.

Thanks for any clue, I read Tomcat's .bat files but could not echo Tomcat's
classpath in the startup window... so I feel really lost.

Barbara

Re: Loading a dll at startup...

Posted by Raj Saini <ra...@emerging-trade.com>.
How are you running the tomcat on NT? Are you running it from the start
menu or from the desktop. If you run it from the start menu, you wont be
able to see any echos on the console.

Please run the tomcat from a DOS prompt with the following command:-

catalina run

Your should see all the echoing on console.

Re: Loading a dll at startup...

Re: Loading a dll at startup...

Posted by Raj Saini <ra...@emerging-trade.com>.
Hi,