Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Sampath Bhat <sa...@gmail.com> on 2018/04/06 06:37:08 UTC

Flink Client job submission through SSL

Hello

I would like to know if the job submission through flink command line say
./bin/flink run <jar/path>
can be authenticated. Like if SSL is enabled then will the job submission
require SSL certificates. But I don't see any behavior as such. Simple
flink run is able to submit the job even if SSL is enabled.

Can the flink job submission  be guarded by Kerberos, KeyCloak.

Regards
Sampath

Re: Flink Client job submission through SSL

Posted by Shuyi Chen <su...@gmail.com>.
You need to set the following flag in flink-conf.yaml:
security.kerberos.login.keytab and security.kerberos.login.principal.

Please refer to this link
<https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.4/ops/config.html#kerberos-based-security>
for more detail.

Thanks
Shuyi

Posted by Sampath Bhat <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chen

Posted by Shuyi Chen <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sampath,

Yes, Flink support Kerberos authentication for job submission. You can take
a look at the document here for more detail (https://ci.apache.org/
projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.4/ops/security-kerberos.html).

--
"So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future."