Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2006/12/01 06:21:04 UTC

Re: javax scripting for ant 1.7.0

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006, Peter Reilly <pe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would like to propose to have an initial implemenation
> with language="javascript" just using the bsf engine.
> and "jsr:javascript" to denote the javax.script.
>
> This will I think allow use of javax.scripting without
> having a negative impact on the current scripting code.

+1 on making the script manager configurable, +0 on supporting
javax.scripting in 1.7.0.  And I'm in the
use-a-separate-attribute-instead-of-a-prefix camp.

Stefan

Re: javax scripting for ant 1.7.0

Posted by Kevin Jackson <fo...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Having just got back from hols and getting up to speed on this, my
initial thoughts are -1 for including this in 1.7.0, given that we are
in the release candidate stage and Antoine wants to do the full
release in 9 days.

I know it's bad form to veto when I may not be 100% sure of all the
details, and I'd be happy to change this to +0 for ant 1.7.1, but for
now until Antoine weighs in with his ideas, I'd like to hold my veto
(although you could twist my arm with some persuasive arguing :)

Thanks,
Kev