Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by John Gentilin <ge...@eyecatching.com> on 2002/09/12 10:16:28 UTC

more table centering

Sorry for the cross post, was not sure of the list, bug or
operator error.

I have read on the list, a mechanism to centre tables with

<fo:table width="100%"  table-layout="fixed">
</fo:table>

which seems to work well for me using 20.4.

What I have found is if the <fo:table> statement is
wrapped with an <fo:block> statement, the implementation
breaks and the table is no longer stretched to fit the 100%
of the page.

Is this expected behaviour ?

I am assuming that the table is  expanding to a 100% of the
block but the block is only as big as the table is required to
be. i.e. < 100%. I tried to add  width="100%" to the <fo:block>
but it had no effect.

Regards
John G