Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Lionel Farbos <li...@free.fr> on 2005/03/09 10:59:57 UTC

stop context properly or in a forced way

Hi all,

When I want to upgrade my webapp,
I want to stop my context without interrupting its running threads.
But, for exploitation needs,
I can want to force the stop of my context.

For this 2 needs, Tomcat provide only one solution : within the manager, a "force stop context".
And they don't want to provide another solution for the "proper stop context" (bug 33589 WONTFIX).

So, I can hack my code in order to have a "proper stop context" (see the MotherSerlvet proposed in bug 33589),
BUT now, I don't know HOW TO hack my code for the "force stop context" ... :-(

Any suggest would be appreciated.

Re: stop context properly or in a forced way

Posted by Lionel Farbos <li...@free.fr>.
I receive no response,
so I think there is, for now, no solution without a patch of Tomcat (for example : new Stop Context in Tomcat Manager + info added in the ServletContext...).

But I am alone for this needs ?
Or a lot of people need this but they don't know how to do because it is not possible with Tomcat ?