Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Philippe Torrelli <ph...@alcatel-lucent.fr> on 2009/02/27 09:36:16 UTC

is someone using axis-c web services in production ?

Hello,

I tried to test axis-C 1.5.0 that we planned  to rely on to deploy C (++)
web services, to find out that the httpd

server crashes very often, even with sample services .. ( most of the time
in calls to free ) .

It doesn't seem to be a problem when using the apache module,  but the
module forks a

new process when it handles a call to a web service, which is not efficient
enough for the hardware on which we planned

to host these services, and also prevents us to for example share a pool of
connections to our data base among our .so .

Is there a stable and working  http transport available, or are people out
there just using the apache module ? or using axis-c only to call

Web services ?

A very easy way to reproduce is to download and install the binary release,
use soapui to send bursts of calls to the 'echo server', the http

transport very soon crashes. I used the very default parameters, tried using
rest as well as soap action mapping..

I had the same kind of results using a recent svn version that I recompiled.

Anyone has success with deploying web services in production with axis C ?

TIA

Philippe.

Re: is someone using axis-c web services in production ?

Posted by Manjula Peiris <ma...@wso2.com>.
Are you using Axis2/C or Axis-C++. I am asking this because the version
you are using is 1.5.0 and the latest release version of Axis2/C is
1.5.0. On the other hand for Axis2-C++ it is 1.6, isn't it ?

-Manjula.

Posted by Nadir Amra <am...@us.ibm.com>.
You should try building the latest code from SVN....the current binaries
are full of defects....

Nadir Amra

"Philippe Torrelli" <ph...@alcatel-lucent.fr> wrote on
02/27/2009 02:36:16 AM:

Posted by cara <pi...@gmail.com>.
I do not use C/C++ server side for production. I have only worked on
'enterprise' systems ... so the web services must be in one of the following
frameworks: J2EE or .NET. I have created the interface with Axis (Java) and
recently JAX-WS. If the guts of my service needed to call C/C++ code, I have
tied the interface classes in with JNI. C clients can use AxisC, gsoap ....
whatever ...
On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 10:19 AM, McCullough, Ryan <rmccullough@rightnow.com

Posted by Uthaiyashankar <sh...@wso2.com>.
Hi,

You haven't mentioned whether you are using Axis2/C or AxisCPP. There are
many customers using Axis2/C server side in production.

If you are using Axis2/C, can you give more details about the crash?

 If you are using AxisCPP, you can try Axis2/C and see. You can easily wrap
C++ programs with Axis2/C.

Regards,
Shankar.

--
S.Uthaiyashankar
Software Architect

RE: is someone using axis-c web services in production ?

Posted by "McCullough, Ryan" <rm...@rightnow.com>.